Initially, we recommend you wash your vehicle in the shade by hand with clean, cool water and a very mild car wash solution using soft clothe or sponge.
We suggest during THE FIRST 30 DAYS after a repair:
- AVOID using a commercial car wash, as they often have stiff brushes or sponges which could mark the finish and damage the surface.
- AVOID dry wiping your vehicle, as you could scratch the finish.
- AVOID driving on gravel roads, to prevent chipping of the finish.
- AVOID parking under trees and utility lines, or other places likely to attract birds. The high acid content of bird droppings and tree sap can damage a freshly painted surface and tree.
- AVOID spilling gasoline, oil, antifreeze, transmission fluid, or windshield solvent on the new finish.
- AVOID scraping ice or snow from the newly painted surface.
We suggest during THE FIRST 90 DAYS after a repair:
- AVOID waxing or polishing the vehicle so the vehicle has three months first to allow the finish to dry and harden completely.